Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Intro Post of "About Me"

You would not believe how many “About Me” blog pages I read getting ready to write this first, initial “About Me” post. Dozens. Literally, dozens.

Or maybe about seven.

They’re tough posts to write, though! You’ve got about 300 words to sum yourself up, sum up what you want to communicate in your blog, give a taste of your personality and writing style, be witty if you’re witty… balhgahel. … Or, apparently, if you’re me, just keyboard smash.

Let’s start over.

My name is Erin and I am a 26 year old actress and corporate trainer who lives in the windy and sunny Calgary, Alberta. So I am a quarter of a century old… and a bit. I spend my days trying to balance between doing plays and being a know-it-all so I can afford basically necessities like food, rent and shoes. I try my very best not to look like a hobo while living out of a suitcase because I occasionally travel every week to do some training and keep the railroad running. Every week or so, I actually make myself a meal that involves turning on the stove and assembling ingredients and then live on the high of that success for four days to follow. I cause awkward situations 98% of the places that go, causing my life to somewhat resemble a CW teen soap opera. (Acting in one is my DREAM, by the way.) One day I’m probably going to be a grown up.

So! I have started blogs in the past. Some of you, dear readers, may have read them. I’m not going to lie: when I created these blogs, I was young and less than wise and though they started with the most noble of intentions, they soon became overrun with the life drama! Which no one really wants. Ugh. What you want is to see pictures of the railyards I go to, read my hilarious awkward stories and listen to my musings on what it’s like to be in your mid-twenties in a city that is also figuring out who it is. This is a lifestyle blog, but I’m going to hazard a guess that it’s anything but aspirational. Especially on the days when I decide to have wine for dinner.

Leave the life drama in the past and follow me on this journey to see what it means to be A Quarter and a Bit.

(That was witty, right? See how I worked the name of the blog right in there? So clever. BAM.)

No comments:

Post a Comment